Strona wykorzystuje pliki cookies, jeśli wyrażasz zgodę na używanie cookies, zostaną one zapisane w pamięci twojej przeglądarki. W przypadku nie wyrażenia zgody nie jesteśmy w stanie zagwarantować pełnej funkcjonalności strony!

Story of Miranda

histor_jacht

 

Sailing yacht MIRANDA, ordered by Military Sea Clubs Union, has been constructed in 1935 in Gdynia Yacht Shipyard. It was one of the first yachts constructed according to Rasmussen plans from 1930's. Yacht has been used by Navy base in Gdynia Oksywie on educational and recreational waters of Bay of Gdańsk.

 

In Oksywie it survived years of German occupation. After II World War yacht has been given to Centre of Sailing Education of Sea League in Jastarnia, which has been in 1953 assimilated by paramilitary organization Solider Friends League, later changed to Country Defence League.

 

The oldest sailing club "GRYF"(established in 1929 in Gdynia) has been included into SFL. In 1953-1960 new sailing clubs has been established: Yacht Club "Kotwica" in 1958 and Shipyard Yacht Club "Stal" in 1956. Yacht Club "STAL" inherited from Centre of Sailing Education, sailing bay class yacht, which after complete renovation has been named ORKAN.

hist_wymiary

In 1970 yacht is being registered in Maritime Office in Gdynia, in Polish Registry of Ships and in Polish Sailing Union under new name MIRANDA, receiving 
Measuring Certificate and Safety Card and received decision of 'UNLLIMITED' Sailing Abilities.


Yacht "MIRANDA" technical data:

dimensions according to PRS measuring certificates and Safety Card no 3126 issued by Maritime Office in Gdynia on 22.04.1976.

Hull of yacht:

Year of construction- 1935/ renovated in 1970/

Constructor- Yacht Shipyard in Gdynia, according to Rasmusen's plans

Structure-wood/oak frame, spruce skin, covered with layer of epoxidated laminate made of glass fibre

Dimensions:
Length- total 11.920mm
Length- water line 9.100mm
Width- 2.490mm
Height- side 2.433mm
Submersion 1.790mm
Free Broadside 643mm

Weight 6.500kg ( without load: food-, water, fuel.)

Ballast- lead 3000kg heavy and steel plate 100mm thick between keel and ballast

Formula IOR- 32,2 feet

Yacht does not have an engine

Accessories: wood-mast, boom and booms spinnaker, wooden- spruce

Riggin- steel lines "string" made of stainless steel

Winches -3 wave winches, 4 sheet winches

Anchors- Danfort 35 kg and Danfort 25 kg

Electric energy- 4 batteries Ni-Cd 80 Amp/h, portable generator Honda E-900,2
Solar batteries 0.4 Amp/h., installed in Cape Town South Africa

Self-rudder- "ARIES" type

Sails- Bermudan type pole, sails surface 47mq

Sail- material. DRACON, 8 sails unit

Pneumatic rescue raft

Life buoy

Life vest KR-7

Navigation and communication equipment: 3 compasses: steering, measuring, cabin

Chronometer

Sextant KH with artificial horizon

Barometer- barograph

Anemometer, strength and direction of wind indicator, B&G

Electro-technical log B&G and additional log EMI

Echo sounder

Radiogoniometer/ radio direction-finder, course alarm B&G

Radiotelephone Raytheon model RAY 1062A (damaged during instalment in 1971)

Radio (receiver) "Unitra" model OK 106

Radiotelephone UKF/FM , power 10W

Radio-buoy

Captain Zbigniew Puchalski